Dr. Christian Feller
Professur für Systembiologie
Dr. Christian Feller
HPT E 51
Auguste-Piccard-Hof 18093 Zürich
Christian studied biology at the universities of Jena (Germany) and UNC Chapel Hill (USA) and joined the group of Prof. Peter B. Becker at the LMU Munich (Germany) for his diploma and PhD studies. In Prof. Becker’s group, he studied chromatin with a focus on histone acetylation, transcriptional regulation and nuclear architecture - using a combination of microscopy, genomics and proteomics.
Christian joined the Aebersold lab in January 2015 to develop and apply methods to study changes in the composition of chromatin, including protein-protein interactions at chromatin and (combinatorial) post-translational modifications at histones and non-histone proteins.
- Schwörer S, Becker F, Feller C, Baig AH, Köber U, Henze H, Kraus JM, Xin B, Lechel A, Lipka DB, Varghese CS, Schmidt M, Rohs R, Aebersold R, Medina KL, Kestler HA, Neri F, von Maltzahn J, Tümpel S and Rudolph KL. Epigenetic stress responses induce muscle stem-cell ageing by Hoxa9 developmental signals. Nature advance online publication.
- Peleg S, Feller C, Ladurner AG, Imhof A. The Metabolic Impact on Histone Acetylation and Transcription in Ageing. Trends Biochem Sci. 2016 Jun 6. pii: S0968-0004(16)30040-8. Review.
- Blasi T, Feller C*, Feigelman J, Hasenauer J, Imhof A, Theis FJ, Becker PB, Marr C*. Combinatorial histone acetylation patterns are generated by motif-specific reactions. Cell Systems. 2016;2(1):49–58. (co-corresponding author)
- Peleg S, Feller C, Forné I, Schiller E, Sevin DC, Schauer T, Regnard C, Straub T, Prestel M, Klima C, Nogueira MS, Becker L, Klopstock T, Sauer U, Becker PB, Imhof A, Ladurner AG. Lifespan extension by targeting a link between metabolism and histone acetylation in Drosophila. EMBO Reports. DOI:10.15252/embr.201541132| Published online 18.01.2016
- Feller C, Forné I, Imhof A, Becker PB. Global and specific responses of the histone acetylome to systematic perturbation. Mol Cell 2015 Feb 5;57(3):559-71
- Straub T, Zabel A, Gilfillan GD, Feller C, Becker PB. Different chromatin interfaces of the Drosophila dosage compensation complex revealed by high-shear ChIP-seq. Genome Res. 2013 Mar;23(3):473-85.
- Feller C, Prestel M, Hartmann H, Straub T, Söding J, Becker PB. The MOF-containing NSL complex associates globally with housekeeping genes, but activates only a defined subset. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012 Feb; 40(4):1509-22.
- Prestel M, Feller C, Becker PB. Genome Biol. Dosage compensation and the global re-balancing of aneuploid genomes. Genome Biol. 2010;11(8):216. Review.
- Baumgart M, Feller C, Natura G, Dahse T, Schaible HG, Dahse I. Blockade of TTX-resistant and TTX-sensitive Na+ currents in cultured dorsal root ganglion neurons by fomocaine and the fomocaine derivative Oe 9000. Brain Res. 2010 Oct 28;1358:54-63.
- Prestel M, Feller C, Straub T, Mitlöhner H, Becker PB. The activation potential of MOF is constrained for dosage compensation. Mol Cell. 2010 Jun 25;38(6):815-26.